Teach Yo'Self - Day 5 of the 34 Day Challenge with YNAB

This blog actually is not a paid advertisement for YNAB but it sure will seem that way this month. The 34 Day Challenge I am participating in is basically the structure and internal competition I need to create a good, dedicated journalling habit! So while the establishing content is mostly about YNAB and budgeting, the long term goal is to write about topics all under my banner up there ☝🏻

Do you know just writing that little paragraph led me down the rabbit-hole of "just how long does it take to create a new habit??" Lots of contention on the interwebs about that! Evidently 21 days is NOT accurate when it comes to forming a habit - we're looking at 2 months of work people! And it's work I need to do. Committing to a journal (and yeah a blog counts) has been on my to-do list forever, so with some helpful bolstering and YNAB's challenge(s) I'm going to make this happen.

I know it's "Treat yo'self" - one of my life goals is to be Leslie Knope.
So I've got a bit of a jump on Day 5's challenge - I've been popping into YNAB's Facebook live sessions for a few days already - I find the spontaneous engagement really fun! I am glad to have social media be a teaching experience as it can be a bit of a dump, most days I don't participate at all in the social realms of the internet as I find them to be poor representations of life and a deeply unsatisfying time-sink. ANYWAYS.....Scrolling through the webinar class list YNAB offers I was delighted ✨✨deeeeeelighted!✨✨to see a new one that's right on target as we launch our big savings plan for our Australia trip! So I'm all signed up for the Monday evening (EST) session and am really looking forward to it. If we can pay for this trip with borrowing it would be AHmazing! Talk about starting on the right foot.
Pay for Big Expenses without Borrowing
Self-directed learning is always on the go in our realm. Not just for this budget-obsessed YNAB nerd - I'm learning German on DuoLingo. My mister is teaching himself Esperanto ...speaking of NERDS 🤓... and re-learning to play piano on the digital piano we gifted ourselves this past Christmas (all within the amount our Christmas budget lines contained, whoop!). Our daughter has found a new interest in rocks. We spent a few hours at our library today finding great books to get started in the science of geology. Our son is currently enthralled with hawks as we have a resident Cooper's Hawk in our neighbourhood who's a beauty, many a book about raptors was brought home. Learning is kind of a big deal around here.


Comments

Popular Posts